Magazine Publishing - Consumer
Small Business, Personal Finance, Self Improvement
Dallas, TX - USA
Iconic magazine brand for small business and entrepreneurship is seeking an Editor in Chief to lead across print and online media platforms.
With an audience of millions who seek to improve their business acumen the magazine is an inspiration to a loyal audience across print and online media.
We seek a publishing executive with a clear passion to the targeted audience who is capable of playing a strategic role in taking this brand to the next level as a world class leader in this dynamic space.
- Set standards to maintain and grow the brand.
- Assure clear messaging and the consistent quality of magazine and online editorial content.
- Take ownership of the quality of the brand by executing content and ongoing guidance to a dedicated staff.
- Set journalistic standards and providing strategic vision.
- Ensure that editorial content and design meet quality standards and expectations set by senior management in a collaborative manner.
- Manage editorial staff to produce a monthly newsstand consumer magazine and online content for multiple sites associated with the brand.
- Collaborate with Publisher to develop editorial calendars for multiple media products and develop on time editorial plans and schedules.
- Develop and implement an editorial blog and social network / social media plan to drive traffic to the online properties associated with the brand.
- Determine editorial workflow schedules.
- Manage creative budget for magazine.
- Editorial leadership includes creatively identifying market opportunities and voids in content.
- Ensuring print and online content delivers the desired message to the designated audience
- Lead all editorial and follow ups with outside authors
Exercise independent judgment and discretion with maturity
- A capacity to proactively and reactively function with regard to the magazine competition and adapt accordingly to be the clear industry leader.
- Manage projects with financial controls adhering to approved budgets and process.
- Maintain reporting and timeline status schedules for projects.
Collaborate with internal marketing and creative personnel
- Degree in English, Journalism or Communication, advanced degree preferred.
- A minimum of (5) years of experience managing an editorial staff for a consumer publication.
- The management of content development for a consumer oriented website.
- Knowledge and demonstrated interest in personal development / business development authors.
- Excellent spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofreading and editing skills.
- Proven skills monitoring writers and editors in both print and online media platforms
- A minimum of (5) years experience working in a upbeat, fast paced, high energy, deadline driven, healthy work environment.
- Strong budgeting, planning and editorial execution skills.
- Experience producing quality work with expedited timelines as required.
- Self motivated personality, flexible, entrepreneurial, team based, capable of functioning with autonomy
- Exceptional time management skills
- Base salary to $120,000 and generous bonus
- Complete company paid benefits
- 401K with company match
- Corporate relocation
- Outstanding work environment
- Low cost of living, low cost of housing, low taxes
- Beautiful offices
Director Editorial Recruitment
Filcro Media Staffing - USA
Resume submission link , Thank you
Editor in Chief, Editor-in-Chief, Jobs for Editors, Jobs for Editors in Magazine Publishing, Magazine, Magazines, Publishing, Editorial, Senior Level Editorial Jobs, Texas, TX, Dallas, Relocate, Relocation, Consumer Publishing, Consumer, Small Business, Small Business Magazines, Managing Editor, Editor in Charge, Ft Worth, Editorial Executives.